Outdoors Traditions TV LLC Contest Rules for Outdoors Traditions TV and Outdoors Dan Radio:
Outdoors Dan Radio Trivia and Contest Rules are approved by Outdoors Traditions TV LLC. Plus approval by DMRG and 1350 ESPN.
By making a submission, you agree that your Submission is gratuitous and made without restriction, and will not place Outdoors Traditions TV LLC under any obligation that Outdoors Traditions TV LLC is free to disclose or otherwise disclose the ideas contained in the Submission on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your Submission, Outdoors Traditions TV LLC does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Outdoors Traditions TV LLC , or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
By accepting the Terms and Conditions you warrant that you are of legal age of majority in your state of residence and have every right to contract in your own name without violating any other commitment.
“Outdoors Dan’s Honey Do Contest” is an on-air contest that will occur from Saturday, September 7th until Saturday, November 30th in which up to 26 contestants could qualify for the chance to win a Bob’s Tools Honey Do Package. The Bob’s Tools Honey Do Package includes a DeWalt drill package. This prize has a retail value of $200.
To play, listen between 7:00 – 9:00 AM each Saturday between September 7, 2019 and November 30, 2019 for the cue to call and be either the first or second caller at 244-1350. The first two callers after the cue to call has been played will instantly qualify for the prize. There will be two on-air qualifiers during each weekend of contesting. Once a contestant becomes a qualifier, they will not be eligible to play this contest again. On Monday, December 2nd one name will be randomly drawn from all the qualifiers and contacted by phone by a 1350 ESPN staff member to be declared the winner.
This contest is open to all eligible Iowa residents 18 or older who have not won anything on 1350 KRNT-AM in the last 14 days or any prize valued at $600 or more in the past six months. Employees of 1350 KRNT-AM, the Des Moines Radio Group, and its ultimate parent company, Saga Communications, Inc., their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees and immediate families of each, and employees of all media of mass communication within a one-hundred-mile radius of the 1350 KRNT-AM main studio are not eligible to win any contest. Immediate family includes the spouse, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee and his/her spouse. This also includes individuals for whom the employee is current legal guardian. KRNT has the final say as to who is the winner of the contest. NO Purchase necessary. Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged, substituted or redeemed for cash. Winners must present valid state ID and w9 to collect the prize. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with the prizes. This prize can be picked up at Des Moines Radio Group studios located at 1416 Locust Street, Des Moines, Iowa 50309 between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
Full contest rules available at the KRNT studio located at 1416 Locust Street, Des Moines, Iowa 50309 between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday; or by logging onto www.espndesmoines.com.
These are the rules governing all contests aired on 1350 KRNT-AM radio and on the 1350 ESPN website, unless otherwise specified. In the following rules, “1350 KRNT-AM” means Saga Communications of Iowa, LLC, dba Des Moines Radio Group and its parent corporation, Saga Communications, Inc., which owns 1350 KRNT-AM radio.
1. No purchase is necessary to enter any 1350 KRNT-AM contest.
2. To be eligible to win any prize on 1350 KRNT-AM you must not have won anything on 1350 KRNT-AM in the past 14 days or any prize valued at $600 or more in the past six months. Only one winner per household is permitted within 30 days after a household has a winner. Any prize awarded to an ineligible listener will be deemed null and void, and an alternate eligible winner may be named.
3. Anytime you call the 1350 KRNT-AM studios you assume that your call will be broadcast or recorded and you grant us permission to broadcast the call or record it for later broadcast
4. As a winner of a 1350 KRNT-AM contest your voice, name and/or picture may be used for promotional, broadcast, or internet purposes without any compensation to you.
5. Prizes awarded are not redeemable for cash. No prize is transferable. No substitution for a prize will be made at the request of winner. 1350 KRNT-AM reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value.
6. All winners of all contests are responsible for all taxes on prize awarded. All winners of a prize valued at $600 or more will be required to complete the appropriate tax forms at the 1350 KRNT-AM studios prior to claiming prize. All winners will be sent a 1099 MISC federal tax form if in one calendar year the prize value of all prizes won exceeds $600.
7. In the event the winner is subject to or the subject of any order or legal process issued by any governmental agency having jurisdiction over the affairs of the winner (i.e. garnishment, child support order, judgment, lien, and the like), 1350 KRNT-AM’s delivery of the prize to the official representative of the governmental entity claiming a right to the prize shall be thus deemed as 1350 KRNT-AM) awarding the prize to the winner. 1350 KRNT-AM shall be entitled to rely in good faith, upon any documents presented by the representative seeking to collect the prize in lieu of the winner. 1350 KRNT-AM shall not be liable for any claim by any winner for damages incidental thereto.
8. All 1350 KRNT-AM contests are open to all eligible residents 18 or over (unless otherwise specified) living within 75 miles of station transmitter(s). Contestants must possess a valid form of identification bearing the picture of the contestant acceptable to 1350 KRNT-AM that will be presented to 1350 KRNT-AM and accepted before the prize is awarded. Employees of 1350 KRNT-AM, it's advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees and immediate families of each, and employees of all media of mass communication within a one-hundred-mile radius of the 1350 KRNT-AM main studio are not eligible to win any contest. Immediate family includes the spouse, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee and his/her spouse. This also includes individuals for whom the employee is current legal guardian.
9. Winners will be expected to claim prize at the 1350 KRNT-AM studios, 1416 Locust Street, Des Moines, Iowa 50309, between 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) within 30 days of being notified that they are winners, unless there is an expiration date on prize, which will be specifically stated.
10. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Contest is void where prohibited.
11. 1350 KRNT-AM reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if any contest rules are violated in any way.
12. 1350 KRNT-AM assumes no liability for situations, repairs, or incidents arising from any aspect of any prize awarded in any contest. 1350 KRNT-AM, its advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees, and immediate families of each are absolved and shall be held harmless from any action or liability arising from any contest or prize awarded in any contest.
13. As a licensee of the FCC and a trustee of the public airwaves, 1350 KRNT-AM reserves the right to interrupt and/or discontinue any contest or promotion (and not award the offered prize) at the discretion of 1350 KRNT-AM management if world events, the national mood, or public safety so warrant.
14. 1350 KRNT-AM reserves the right to amend the rules to any contest at any time. 1350 KRNT-AM's decision is always final.
15. For any contest requiring phone entry you must use only the following number unless otherwise specified: 1350 KRNT-AM. For texting it is 77000. The person operating the telephone at 1350 KRNT-AM has the final decision as to who is the winning caller.
16. 1350 KRNT-AM shall have no responsibility for contestant’s inability or failure to participate, failure to win or claim any prize based on malfunction or difficulties with telephone, cell phone, texting, email, or internet access, or any other circumstances in any contest beyond 1350 KRNT-AM’s control.
17. For any contest involving on-line voting: If an entrant receives irregular votes, including but not limited to, votes generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro, or other automated means, 1350 KRNT-AM reserves the right to disqualify the entrant in its sole discretion and/or use another means to determine the winner(s), ex. – random selection or appointing a panel of judges.
18. 1350 KRNT-AM is not responsible for Internet crashes or slowdowns caused by network congestion, viruses, sabotage, satellite failures, phone line failures, electrical outages, natural disasters or act of man or God, lost, late, misdirected, postage-due, unintelligible, returned, undelivered entries or email, or lost, interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections availability, accessibility or traffic congestion, miscommunications, failed computer, network, telephone, satellite or cable hardware or software or lines, or technical failure, or jumbled, scrambled, delayed or misdirected transmissions, computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, or network. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of this contest or website, or act in violation of the official service, as solely determined by the station, will be disqualified. Neither sponsor nor promotion parties are responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information whether caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any of the programming or equipment associated with or used in this contest, and assumes no responsibility for any errors, omissions, deletion, interruption or delay in operation or transmission or communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized website access. 1350 KRNT-AM is not responsible for injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer or property related to or resulting from participating in this contest. Should any portion of contest be, in 1350 KRNT-AM’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the station, corrupt or impair administration, security, fairness or proper play of this contest, or contest plays, 1350 KRNT-AM reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the contest.
19. 1350 KRNT-AM has not made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Any and all warranties and/or guarantees on prize (if any) are provided only by the manufacturer, and winners agree to look solely to such manufacturers for any such warranty and/or guarantee.
20. The following are specifically related to E-contests and E-Mail Club promotions on www.espndesmoines.com:
A. All appropriate information in required fields must be entered correctly and completely or you will be disqualified.
B. To win a prize you must reside within the listening area of 1350 KRNT-AM as defined at the exclusive discretion of 1350 KRNT-AM management.
C. Any problems with the internet or email are not 1350 KRNT-AM’s responsibility.
D. Contestants who register to participate on our website may be required to produce a printed copy of proof of registration before being allowed to participate in the contest.
E. Due to the nature of our programs that are heard on-line over the internet, contests may not be heard at all on 1350 KRNT-AM. Contests heard on the radio station’s internet audio stream may be slightly delayed from the time the contests are heard on the broadcast station, and will be running behind the broadcast signal. Thus, all contests heard on the internet are delayed. This delay can last for as much as 30 seconds or more. This means that when 1350 KRNT-AM contests are played that require a specific caller to telephone the radio station (such as “Caller number 9 when you hear the sound effect”), listeners to the on-line audio stream may be at a disadvantage in participating over those listeners who hear the contests on-air.
21. A copy of these rules is available during business hours at the 1350 KRNT-AM studios 1416 Locust Street, Des Moines, Iowa 50309.